1996-06-05 - Re:FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

Header Data

From: mccoy@communities.com (Jim McCoy)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 26e7cba35c8a9d533280d67d8fa9f294bcd83da5562b57e29f902bb2d15d423a
Message ID: <v02140b02adda8b4b956f@[205.162.51.35]>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 16:01:08 +0800

Raw message

From: mccoy@communities.com (Jim McCoy)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 16:01:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

Sandy writes:

> In a recent exchange, Carl Ellison wrote:
>
> >After the meeting ended it hit me what the problem is and I
> >mentioned it to PRZ.  We're complaining that the Executive
> >has gone rogue -- is disobeying the will of the people.
> >PRZ likened it to Nixon's war in Cambodia.
>
> To which Jim Bell replied:

Hmmm... time to fix my Jim Bell filter, this message seemed to have
gotten around it.

> >I have a solution to that problem.

Yes, I am sure Jim does.  Expect a few Treasury agents to visit
him in the near future regarding threats against the president,
they seem to be a little overzealous about this statute...
(a felony I believe...)

> My question for member of this list is:  When Bell finally
> goes too far and they arrest or shoot him, how can we best
> capitalize on his martyrdom?  Or in a more negative light,
> what damage control will we need to do in that case?

A movement is not complete until it has a few nuts who claim
you are not going far enough, only then does it have a chance
of being incorporated into the mainstream.  I would suggest
just ignoring him, and once he is arrested claim he was a plant
by the IRS :)

jim

Thread