1996-06-07 - Re: [Off-Topic] “Curfews”

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: David Rosoff <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: 3388b38072cac69f6a85df82524f2bcd5165b01543ed7d0f6b345e41353db004
Message ID: <9606061850.AA10939@cti02.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 16:24:06 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 16:24:06 +0800
To: David Rosoff <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Off-Topic]  "Curfews"

On  6 Jun 96 at 11:19, jim bell wrote:

> >>I _do_ believe, however, that the number of people unjustifiably
> >>targeted will be rather low. <snip>  Retaliation is possible, in
> >> that case.

Sorry Jim, I did not get that at all in the past.  I assumed a
context where the inner workings of AP would not be well understood
by the population while here, you seems to indicate that everybody
would operate under the threat / deterrance of mutual anihilation
principle.

A argued that an impulsive guy might target somebody unjustifiably
while I overlooked that he could think twice before doing so.  But by
his nature, being a violent or thug at heart, he will understand this
"peace based on threat" maybe even better than a pacifist at heart.
So, my arguments might not stand.

Have any constructive comments? (hey, just play devil's advocate from
time to time :)

Ciao

JFA

 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee; Limoges porcelain, silverware and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultants: physicists, technologists and engineers.

 PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
 ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

Thread