1996-06-15 - Re: Remailer Operator Liability?

Header Data

From: “Deranged Mutant” <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
To: “John A. Perry” <perry@alpha.jpunix.com>
Message Hash: 3610360907fbbe727c3913358a79851a02f74b93f2ea8c18931f166f6b6bfa69
Message ID: <199606150439.AAA08522@unix.asb.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 17:36:30 +0800

Raw message

From: "Deranged Mutant" <WlkngOwl@unix.asb.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 17:36:30 +0800
To: "John A. Perry" <perry@alpha.jpunix.com>
Subject: Re: Remailer Operator Liability?

On 14 Jun 96 at 8:34, John A. Perry wrote:

> 	Now that the CDA decision has been made, I was wondering how this
> would affect the liability status of the various remailer operators? In
> the past several remailers have opted to discontinue service due to
> legal/political pressure. Will this CDA decision help to decrease remailer
> operator liability?

Only if a remailer operator intends to fight legal pressure in the
courts, which requires time, patience, hope and of course, lots of
money and good lawyers.

Whether the CDA decision would give one more hope etc. is debatable.
Wait for a Supreme Ruling from the Court of Elders of the
Constitution...

Rob.
---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 wlkngowl@unix.asb.com (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.

Thread