1996-06-30 - Re: fbi botches intel “ecspionage” case

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 63002ed4ccb61e67f495b7a8599a57808cc0c04f8cdeabde86c3a1218771a135
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960629170534.299B-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <199606291925.MAA12512@netcom3.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-30 04:58:05 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 12:58:05 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 12:58:05 +0800
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: fbi botches intel "ecspionage" case

On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

> 2. we have a tradition of separation of church and state in
> this country, and also separation of the public government
> and private industry. suddenly we have the FBI saying they

	Since when? We should, but we don't. The bigger the business, the
more likely it is to be in bed with the government.

> want to infiltrate companies to deal with economic espionage.
> well, these companies have their own policy, and what do
> they gain by having a government agency working inside them?

	It doesn't cost them anything. They are absolved from legal
problems etc.

> 3. hence, one wonders if the FBI could do a better job of
> combating ecspionage than companies are already doing, or
> if they are just going to botch it as has already been
> spectacularly proven in this case.

	Maybe the real point isn't to combat espionage, maybe the point is
to transfer technology from those that aren't sucking up to the government
to those that are. Just a thought from the paranoid front.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@crash.suba.com

Thread