1996-06-05 - Richard Stallman on RSA, Zimmermann, crypto

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 64a1ac17527799abdbffef141c89dd32770a8a37e9f79faea18afa7eebf5bdf1
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9606041755.A5503-0100000@well>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:38:53 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:38:53 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Richard Stallman on RSA, Zimmermann, crypto

Richard's comments below are very much worth reading. Also check out the
following URLs for back fight-censorship messages about the RSA/Zimmermann
conflict...

MIT's Seth Finkelstein on RSA/Zimmermann history:
  http://fight-censorship.dementia.org/dl?num=639

Background on RSA's involvement with recent crypto legislation:
  http://fight-censorship.dementia.org/dl?num=1613
  http://fight-censorship.dementia.org/dl?num=1614
  http://fight-censorship.dementia.org/dl?num=2282

-Declan