1996-06-04 - Re: Java Crypto API questions

Header Data

From: br@doppio.Eng.Sun.COM (Benjamin Renaud)
To: shamrock@netcom.com
Message Hash: 6c202ac01f1adbef77ea0f3027adc1b642a5bef5350597b92ec8454445f52449
Message ID: <199606031855.LAA01849@springbank.eng.sun.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:33:05 +0800

Raw message

From: br@doppio.Eng.Sun.COM (Benjamin Renaud)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:33:05 +0800
To: shamrock@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Java Crypto API questions

|Unfortunately, the feedback address that Sun provides in the slides is
|unknow to their mailserver (at least it was last week) and no further
|information seem to be avaiable about their "public and open" policy.

In the actual talk, I said "will be public and open", that is when we
actually announce the policy it will be public and open. The things
that are certain about it is that it will be constrained only by export
considerations, and that we'll sign competitors' packages.

I am hoping that I can get a spec document for the API ready by the end
of the month. By then we will have more details regarding the export
stuff. In the meantime, I'll see if we can get an interim FAQ
together.

The security-api@java.sun.com address should be working now.

-- Benjamin

Thread