1996-06-06 - Re: Electronic Signature Act Of 1996

Header Data

From: John Massaglia <massagj@spock.et.byu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8b6ae8d3e0607954d800d8e3823bf283ed77ef686f2a2cff2a9a2b3e0c63344d
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960605154749.009c6ac4@spock.et.byu.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:18:05 +0800

Raw message

From: John Massaglia <massagj@spock.et.byu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:18:05 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Signature Act Of 1996

Hi everybody.  This is my first de-lurking.

For those interested in how Utah's Signature policy works, check out this
web page:

http://www.state.ut.us/ccjj/digsig/default.htm

This web page includes the text and commentary of the digital signature act,
illustrations, guidelines of the American Bar Association regarding digital
signatures, and a bunch of other stuff.

>From what I understood, in Utah, you need to get a digital signature from a
company that verifies your signature.  Once this has been done, it can be
used for commerce on the internet.  Provision have also been included to
revoke certificates, and explanations are given on who is liable in
different situations.
------
John Massaglia
mrklaw@itsnet.com

"The next generation of interesting software will be done on the Macintosh,
not the IBM PC."
	-- Bill Gates, Microsoft Chairman, BusinessWeek, November 26, 1984

Thread