1996-06-08 - Re: It tolls for thee

Header Data

From: Asgaard <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 90a6328d1df39a4294a75de329bf70ad0a8eb783ac641ca08bc9d1d32fd15e33
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.960608022659.21836C-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
Reply To: <addda7cd01021004f950@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-08 06:38:16 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 14:38:16 +0800

Raw message

From: Asgaard <asgaard@sos.sll.se>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 14:38:16 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: It tolls for thee

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> Importantly, I'm including my own words, explicitly. Sorry to burst _our_
> bubbles, but I just don't think the lawmakers and burrowcrats are being
> driven by loose talk by us.

Perhaps not the lawmakers, but...

There was this moment last summer, on a Friday, when loose
talk on the cp-list (and, explicitly, some comments from TC May)
made me 99% sure that selling Netscape stock (short) would be a
great idea. Still next Monday it sold for something like $145.
Next Wednesday it fell to around $120. I know for sure that if
I had been in a position then to conveniently (and immediately)
act on the NY Stock Exchange (which I was not) I would have
risked something like $5,000 on such a deal - I'm not rich but
so strong was the cypherpunkish momentum towards this development.

Asgaard

Thread