1996-06-07 - Re: [Off-Topic] “Curfews”

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: David Rosoff <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: 930ef4d5bc89d096ff497dc429580be14aef6a9f8f35e590530b5e16d96624a2
Message ID: <9606070544.AB18682@cti02.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 19:56:05 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 19:56:05 +0800
To: David Rosoff <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Off-Topic]  "Curfews"

On  6 Jun 96 at 17:55, jim bell wrote:

> >Sorry Jim, I did not get that at all in the past.  I assumed a
> >context where the inner workings of AP would not be well understood
> > by the population while here, you seems to indicate that everybody
> > would operate under the threat / deterrance of mutual anihilation
> >principle.
>
> Hmmm...  sorry, I thought that was obvious.  Well, perhaps not
> "obvious," but it's one of those facts that will become second
> nature to people once AP starts up.

Well, yes and no.  What made me change my mind is when I tried to see
the situation from the standpoint of a guy from a thuggish mentality.
Actually, it might not deter somebody else acting on the spur of the
moment.  Take a typical harsh divorce situation where peoples act in
the most surprisingly irrationnal way.  I think that ex-husbands or
wifes would get targeted more than their fair share, and quite often,
without any reasonable cause.

JF
 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee; Limoges porcelain, silverware and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultants: physicists, technologists and engineers.

 PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
 ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891

Thread