1996-06-12 - RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: HACKERPUNKS MAILING LIST

Header Data

From: Blake Coverett <blake@bcdev.com>
To: “‘Cypherpunks List’” <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: a13de897a3bca50ccc137defff429970298cc59bb66118db9ec8bee2183bcb12
Message ID: <01BB57A1.75690A70@bcdev.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 13:15:31 +0800

Raw message

From: Blake Coverett <blake@bcdev.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 13:15:31 +0800
To: "'Cypherpunks List'" <cypherpunks@toad.com>

>                       H  A  C  K  E  R  P  U  N  K  S
>                        "Obscurity through Security!"
>

> Hi! We are delighted to announce a new mailing list, Hackerpunks! This list
> is for serious folks who know stuff about computers _AND_ want to keep
> their privacy.

Oooo.  Folks who know 'stuff' about computers.  The free world is in danger now.

> This list is UNMODERATED. Due to our organization, we are unable to
> find out your true identity, and you are unable to find out where
> our list-bot resides. So - you can now have free discussion about all
> exploits and great hacks! Just use remailers and be safe...

Smells like 'elite'punks to me

-Blake (in a cranky mood)

Thread