1996-06-12 - Re: Slander of Catholic Church

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ca5586d0d0fa30fb1f5384f9d79e69fdbb4c97c21512cd626bd97cb601a3593f
Message ID: <199606111558.IAA21479@netcom23.netcom.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960611082225.787A-100000@user1.scranton.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-12 00:25:56 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:25:56 +0800

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:25:56 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Slander of Catholic Church

Joseph Smith hallucinates again and writes:

> It is unforunate that the esteem that I once felt for you is
> dwindling because of your anti-Mormon trash. Perhaps you do not realise
> that some people take more than an academic interest in their religion
> ;this is unforunate.

If people want to believe in a religion which combines the best features
of anthropomorphic sky-God worship with a UFO contactee cult, that is their
Constitutional right, giggling from the audience notwithstanding.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said that the voluminous amount of
theological writings by Christian scholars existed only because "nonsense
can never be explained."  I tend to concur.

Most religious doctrine is just a lot of energized enthusiasm.

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread