1996-06-11 - ANNOUNCEMENT: HACKERPUNKS MAILING LIST

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)hackerpunks-owner@alpha.c2.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e246a6a989aa6e7d46a74c2ea3534a9eee05d2a463035f41487f5aa8ed63d739
Message ID: <199606110351.FAA03834@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:15:44 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)hackerpunks-owner@alpha.c2.org
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:15:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com

                      H  A  C  K  E  R  P  U  N  K  S
                       "Obscurity through Security!"

Hi! We are delighted to announce a new mailing list, Hackerpunks! This list
is for serious folks who know stuff about computers _AND_ want to keep
their privacy. The submission address is an anonymous alias,
hackerpunks@alpha.c2.org. It is anonymous because _I_ want to keep my
privacy and do NOT want to answer stupid questions. To further _your_
privacy, we can subscribe ONLY anonymous aliases user_name@alpha.c2.org.
Mailing list messages will be forwarded to your alpha.c2.org adresses
through anonymous remailers.
.p
This list is UNMODERATED. Due to our organization, we are unable to
find out your true identity, and you are unable to find out where
our list-bot resides. So - you can now have free discussion about all
exploits and great hacks! Just use remailers and be safe...
.p
Remember i) no one can find out where the list resides ii) nobody can
find out that your alpha.c2.org account is subscribed to Hackerpunks
iii) nobody can find out who hides behind alpha.c2.org accounts
iv) nobody can find out that you are using alpha.c2.org aliases.
.p
Everything goes as long as it is about hacking. We shall decide
later whether we want to keep non-computer hacking discussions in this
list or make another one. MODERATE FLAMAGE ONLY!
.p
Since remailers are used all the way from you to the list-bot and back,
the time for your messages to reach subscribers will be invariably
longer. You've gotta pay for security. Hackers must be patient!
.p
See our .sig for instructions; get premail for Unix or Private Idaho for
Windows, get an anonymous account at alpha.c2.org, and subscribe!
.p
All subscriptions and submissions NOT originating from alpha.c2.org will
be AUTOMATICALY REJECTED. That will save you YOUR OWN BUTT if you
mistakenly submit a non-anonymous message.
.p
See ya! Schwartau, join us if you have something real to say (unlikely)!
H A C K E R P U N K S   M A I L I N G   L I S T  hackerpunks@alpha.c2.org
Send your requests to [un]subscribe  to hackerpunks-owner@alpha.c2.org
Only nyms from @alpha.c2.org may subscribe and post to this list.
See http://www.c2.org/anon.phtml, http://www.c2.net/~raph/premail