1996-06-08 - Re: Thank you for the Archives 100 messages

Header Data

From: qut@netcom.com (Be Good)
To: foodie@netcom.com
Message Hash: e5ca9b5379553cc0b7c85ef5ba5a5e46b3529ba3965ce113b8ed8b1b28cb8b57
Message ID: <199606080730.AAA24004@netcom13.netcom.com>
Reply To: <31B91EA0.16F@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-08 10:14:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 18:14:09 +0800

Raw message

From: qut@netcom.com (Be Good)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 18:14:09 +0800
To: foodie@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Thank you for the Archives 100 messages

> qut4.qut@netcom.com wrote:
> >
> > Apologies, but rich has deleted me from
> > his mailboxes, and for a few days now,
>
> As I have, too, now.
>
> > somebody has placed a global cancel bot on
> > me.  I'm gonna have plenty of fun figuring
> > this out.  Kwow any good sniffers?
>
> I'm glad! If my processor/filtering software doesn't
> have to deal with your garbage, that's more time I have
> to spend with folks who have something to say.

The only thing your type of "cypherpunk" has
to say, is blather about liability, copyrights,
and other capitali$t bs.

REAL crypto-anarchists, of course, want the
destruction of copyrights, trademarks, and
other weapons of capitali$m, and will
implement crypto-anonymonity to proceed
forthwith.

> No, I don't know of any better "sniffers" (I assume you
> mean, "software that can detect a cancelbot"), as such
> software is impossible to detect. Of course, unless Rich
> (or whomever cares so much about a moron) has either root
> on toad.com, or at least as many resources as the NSA, he
> can't cancel your mail to Cypherpunks (or anywhere else).

I was talking about netnews, mormon.

> > I agree the list should be public usenet:
> > A mail gate-way to a usenet group that
> > ALSO permits unmoderated posts.  This
> > would be a nice way to combine a strict
> > moderated mail-list, with a standard
> > netnews group.
>
> Er, what?
>
> That paragraph makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

There's already hundreds of groups like
that, stupid.  It will be implemented,
whether you like it or not.

--