1996-06-08 - Re: OECD http://www.oecd.org/news_and_events/release/nw96-46a.htm

Header Data

From: “Declan B. McCullagh” <declan+@CMU.EDU>
To: stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: eb2be6dde9e43ceef8d183a6c2f4789600b1587235905a4fa1821f4778675b65
Message ID: <EliCI2_00YUzQPhrRx@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <199606071824.LAA06312@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-08 06:23:28 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 14:23:28 +0800

Raw message

From: "Declan B. McCullagh" <declan+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 14:23:28 +0800
To: stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: OECD http://www.oecd.org/news_and_events/release/nw96-46a.htm

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 7-Jun-96 Re: OECD
http://www.oecd... by Bill Stewart@ix.netcom.c
> >>The private sector is closely involved in drafting the Guidelines,
> >>with business representatives from the Business and Industry Advisory
> >>Committee (BIAC) participating at the meeting.
> >>The OECD meeting, which took place on 8 May, was hosted by the US
> >>Department of State in Washington DC.
>
> Was the meeting announced to at least the public in advance?
> The schedule on the web page mentioned the 8 May meeting,
> at least after the fact, but does not list any of the following
> meetings, and there's no identification of your BIAC committee's
> members or even the member governments participating.

I believe the OECD meetings are closed to the public and journalists. I
was thinking of going to one, but was told that I couldn't. (Even though
I'm fully accredited with U.S. Congress-issued press identification.)

Isn't there an OECD meeting soon in Paris? Marc Rotenberg from EPIC has
been following this closely and would be a good person to ask.

-Declan
(somewhat tipsy, always a bad idea when posting to cypherpunks)

Thread