1996-06-17 - Re: Snake Oil on the Water…

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ed5cfa3c8c5ea31cc68409762cf45a338cedfa14909c5dbdfc5392cc54013afc
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960617043137.00d111a0@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 16:43:36 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 16:43:36 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Snake Oil on the Water...

At 12:27 PM 6/16/96 -0700, Rich Burroughs wrote:

>For those people who want to use PGP with Pegasus, there's a
>nice little plug-in for Pegasus called PGP JN, by John Navas,
>which allows you to choose to encrypt with PGP (you need to
>have a copy) instead of the Pmail crypto.  It has a few small
>drawbacks, IMHO, but I found it much easier to use than PGP
>shell interfaces that require cutting text to the clipboard
>first.

It is very nice with one major drawback.  It does not support conventional
cryptography with PGP.  This means that it is absolutly useless for use with
nyms.  (Which is one of my main uses for PGP in the first place.)  Other
than that...
---
Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon

Thread