1996-06-08 - Re: Anonymous stock trades.

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: hallam@etna.ai.mit.edu
Message Hash: f5250ed363dfd757085ed24a3accf07e043eaac8d6bbfbcf1bdc4e28aeff6753
Message ID: <199606071900.PAA18399@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <9606071852.AA04637@Etna.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-06-08 01:30:20 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 09:30:20 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 09:30:20 +0800
To: hallam@etna.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Anonymous stock trades.

hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu writes:
> PS, I don't recommend that people read the works of the late Cato
> Institute staffer mentioned. There are better authorities than the
> speechwriter of Barry Goldwater.

Karl Hess Jr (PhD). wasn't Barry Goldwater's speechwriter. His father
was. His father didn't have a PhD -- indeed, he never attended a state
run school past his early teenage years. Karl Hess senior also was
never a Cato instutute staffer -- to my knowledge, his son is not on
the staff of the Cato institute either. Its astounding how many
inaccurate comments you can pack into a brief space.

Dr. Phill Hallam-Baker, D.Phil (one wonders how a doctor of philosophy
differs from a PhD since that is also a doctor of philosophy) seems to
spew random inaccuracies left and right.

Perry

Thread