1996-06-25 - Re: CDT Policy Post 2.25 - Senate Encrypti

Header Data

From: shabbir@vtw.org (Shabbir J. Safdar)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f596d8890365d859969adf1863d4618ad7f8e1d45651466a64151afbe8cb2792
Message ID: <199606240557.BAA27377@panix4.panix.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 08:37:48 +0800

Raw message

From: shabbir@vtw.org (Shabbir J. Safdar)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 08:37:48 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CDT Policy Post 2.25 - Senate Encrypti

Damn, we've been found out.

I don't suppose anyone will notice the fact that although I've
helped with the preparation for the SAFE day, I won't actually be
attending the event.

Clearly, I don't want to get caught.

-Shabbir J. Safdar * Online Representative * Voters Telecomm. Watch (VTW)
 http://www.vtw.org/ * Defending Your Rights In Cyberspace

PS On a more serious note, I can't get testimony into the record for this
hearing if you don't send it to me.  Sooo...please either fill out the
form at http://www.crypto.com/submit/ or if you find that format too
constraining, just send it to me in email.  I'll see what I can do to
make sure PGP signatures are reproduced intact in the Congressional Record.

Most everyone I know cannot simply jaunt off to D.C. for a day.  Why not
at least make your voice heard?

anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com writes:
>WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS VIOLATION OF OUR RIGHTS? EVER HERE THAT
>IN THE US VOTES ARE supposed to be *****SECRET*****??? NO MORE!
>
>Why does the vtw cdt etc want to hand over your name to the us gov? Notice
>how there's two events one on the east cost and the other on the west coast.
>Why is that? So they can get more names!
>
>Read carefully:
>
>>TELL CONGRESS WHY ENCRYPTION IS IMPORTANT TO YOU - ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE
>>CONGRESSIONAL RECORD
>>
>>Senator Burns, Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and the other sponosors of the
>>Pro-CODE bill want to hear from the Net.community about why encryption is
>>important to privacy and security on the Internet.
>>
>>Please be sure to visit http://www.crypto.com/ and add your voice to the
>>debate over encryption policy on Capitol Hill.  Responses will be tabulated
>>and the results, along with selected statements, will be included in the
>>Congressional Record by Senator Conrad Burns.  The restults will also be
>>featured during the Security and Freedom through Encryption Forum (SAFE) on
>>July 1 (details on that event are attached below).
>>
>>To add your voice to the crypto debate in Congress, visit:
>>
>>   http://www.crypto.com/submit/
>>

>Right. Sure. And then they have a record of all the ppl interested in
>cryptoprivacy (keep reading)
>
>>ATTEND THE SAFE FORUM - JULY 1, 1996 STANFORD CALIFORNIA
>>
>>On July 1, 1996, in the heart of California's Silicon Valley at Stanford
>>University, members of Congress, prominent computer industry leaders and
>>privacy advocates will meet to discuss the need to reform U.S. encryption
>>policy.
>>
>>The event is FREE and open to the public, but space is limited and is going
>>fast.  To find out more, and to reserve your free ticket, visit the SAFE
>>Forum Web Page at:
>>
>>  http://www.crypto.com/safe/
>>

>And sign up for a free trip to the roundup of people who want privacy. Coming
>soon to a police state near you. WHY THE FUCK DO THEY NEED TO KNOW YOUR
>NAME FOR THIS SHIT??? WHY IS NO ONE ASKING THIS???
>
>Look carefully at who's sponsoring this. Who are they, and where does
>the money come from? Hint: three letters.
>
>Notice how they don't use PGP to sign the msg? Wonder why? What does PRZ
>say about this?
>
>Is there anyone we trust involved who can answer for this?
>
>[///// THIS LINE ADDED BY EZBBS-MAIL / DO NOT DELETE / MSGID-33f1a9 / END ////
>/]

Thread