1996-07-26 - Welcome to tmdgmet

Header Data

From: majordomo@ayla.avnet.co.uk
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 02262e6ec8ba5d01d6ad168ebbc9b500d6eb16ea418176762d7660efb02516bf
Message ID: <199607252025.VAA03960@ayla.avnet.co.uk>
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 08:32:13 +0800

Raw message

From: majordomo@ayla.avnet.co.uk
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 08:32:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Welcome to tmdgmet

do to help people.  It is not currently a moderated list but only because
I have not got the time to set up moderation.

The main purpose of the mailing list is so that I can relay information to
you about the changes and plans for the pages.

Please don't unsubscribe from the mailing list unless you are changing your
account or service provider.  If your address is not in the mailing list
then your user id will be taken out of the register and you will not be able
to access the pages.

You must have registered correctly to get this message.
Correct registration meerly means that you choose a user name that no one
else has and that you were able to key the same password twice.

I have three major problem areas.

1)  Compuserve users.  For some reason they seem to have more problems than
anyone else.  Please read the User Guide for more information about this.

2)  Forgotten user-ids and passwords.  If you have problems in this area
then again the user guide is the place to look.

3)  Can you get weather for or there is no weather for XXXXXX.
    There can be several reasons for this.
    If you find that other stations have more recent weather then may be
    the station you are looking for has a problem.
    If you never see weather for the station then most likely we don't get
    weather for that station.
    If nowhere has up to date weather then may be there is a problem
    with the feed you can be sure that AVnet and/or Skytrak already know
    about the problem.

I put most of the documentation in the web pages. So I beg you to look there
first.  If you really are stuck then by all means send me email.  I but the
thing to remember is that 2500 people have registered and most of them don't
have problems.  I will update the pages when there are significant changes.
So if you have not read the User Guide for a while it may be worth a visit.

I am currently restructuring the layout of the weather pages layout so
you should go to the weather home page if you get an error trying to load
a page.

Please remember that I do the work for this page in my on time.
I do not get paid for the work other than the by the "Thank You" Email
and the Article that appeared in Flyer.

The mailing list addresses are as follows.

1.	tmdgmet@avnet.co.uk

2.	tmdgmet-request@avnet.co.uk

All mail addressed to tmdgmet@avnet.co.uk will be sent to all the
"subscribers".  You are now subscribed to the list.

Mail addressed to tmdgmet-request@avnet.co.uk is specifically
intended to allow you to command the mail system to do something.
Here's how:

1.	Address a message to tmdgmet-request@avnet.co.uk

2.	Ignore the subject line in your mail program

3.	in the body of the message enter either:

	subscribe tmdgmet	(to subscribe to the tmdgmet)
	unsubscribe tmdgmet	(to stop receiving the tmdgmet)
	help tmdgmet		(to get a fuller explanation
				of these and other commands)

To post new messages to everyone on the list, just send them to :-

	tmdgmet@avnet.co.uk

Best regards,
Tom.

--
Tom Dawes-Gamble		Email:	tmdg@avnet.co.uk
G-ATAG  is a Jodel DR1050  /Bent Wings are Best */

Thread