1996-07-28 - Re: WaPo on Crypto-Genie Terrorism

Header Data

From: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
To: Charley Sparks <sparks@bah.com>
Message Hash: 0605d60013dd056ee613f5912689e77929367211db8c68fee21605a41798ff1e
Message ID: <31FB7D22.2103@vail.tivoli.com>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960728133504.006b8dac@pop1.jmb.bah.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-28 16:59:05 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 00:59:05 +0800

Raw message

From: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 00:59:05 +0800
To: Charley Sparks <sparks@bah.com>
Subject: Re: WaPo on Crypto-Genie Terrorism

Charley Sparks wrote:

> I occasionally get invited to teach at a local college.. some students are
> not US. Anyone have any suggestions on a way I can sneek some good privacy
> into the lesson plan..

How about someting sly and devious, like "Today, students, we're going
to look into issues of privacy on the internet and with communications
in general.  We will survey the science of cryptography, using a variety
of cryptographic techniques as illustrations of particular issues...

"For our next meeting, please read the first several chapters of Bruce
Schneier's 'Applied Cryptography' from the required reading list for the
class."

If you're stifled by any agency, scream at the top of your lungs.

Mike M Nally * Tiv^H^H^H IBM * Austin TX    * For the time being,
       m5@tivoli.com * m101@io.com          *
      <URL:http://www.io.com/~m101>         *    three heads and eight arms.

Thread