1996-07-16 - Re: CookieScan 0.0 rev 0

Header Data

From: Christopher Hull <nozefngr@apple.com>
To: <jsw@netscape.com>
Message Hash: 0ae7a4788ebcd8c8643bb7280a6e7f1a5b330722beed97fe56a34037cccecc6e
Message ID: <199607160116.SAA24413@apple.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 20:44:36 +0800

Raw message

From: Christopher Hull <nozefngr@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 20:44:36 +0800
To: <jsw@netscape.com>
Subject: Re: CookieScan 0.0 rev 0

I agree.  Editing is problematic.

It would be difficult to decode intentionally
hidden information.  The user may suspect strange and not
obvious stuff in a site's given cookie.  Then what may
happen is the user will "vote with their mouse" and stop
using a site that encripts cookie data (or perhaps not).

In any case the user will at least have the knowledge
that the cookie exists.  Those that do not encrypt may
provide other interesting information.

-Chris

...    smtp: nozefngr@apple.com
..     page: 1.800.680.7351