1996-07-19 - Re: Alternative Journalism

Header Data

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@armory.com>
To: N/A
Message Hash: 124244e6538401dfbc1df6aa97b8032843f369c47a1c8aa952b5ffae45d22d4a
Message ID: <9607190123.aa15828@deepthought.armory.com>
Reply To: <ae1445400202100420d1@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-19 11:33:26 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 19:33:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@armory.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 19:33:26 +0800
Subject: Re: Alternative Journalism

At 11:04 PM 7/18/96, enquirer@alpha.c2.org wrote:
>                   THE CYPHERPUNK ENQUIRER PRESENTS:

>"May's crazy as a loon.  You'll like him.  Gilmore, he's just still pissed
>at Shimamura for that stunt in the hot tub ... "

A certain New York Times columnist questions Markoff's ethics, and I believe
John that the toad.com logs showed no intrusion by Mitnick.  I managed to
peg a precise time on Kevin's multi-system intrusion on my home Sparc 20,
which helped peg him in NC off the 1(800) ANI he was gaining access through.
One of Mitnick's friends had the audacity to contact Stanton at EFF about
the possibility of defending him.  He was told there were no classical
civil liberties to argue in the case...  So I suppose it's best to let
sleeping dogs lie, eh?
--
According to John Perry Barlow:                       *What is EFF?*
"Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker." *email <info@eff.org>*

Thread