1996-07-23 - Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Message Hash: 1982ea4c4db9e1eedc3a0fbe1189f3cf71bc75c8bf95875a1d2b7f134b636f4a
Message ID: <199607221805.NAA26381@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <v02120d0dae18c81ec513@[192.0.2.1]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-23 02:51:59 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:51:59 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:51:59 +0800
To: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Lucky Green wrote:

> At 21:55 7/21/96, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>
> >As I said, the kid who hit me in the head with a stick was 3-4 years
> >younger than me. You skipped that part. Correspondently, I could beat
> >him easily (I did, but his mother soon interrupted me), which was
> >obvious to him. So he had plenty of information that would deter a
> >rational person. He had all the reasons to "to curb his impulse", as
> >you said, and he could have thought about his punishment.
>
> Yes, he hit you. But the question relevant to this discussion is: would he
> have hit you had you been carrying a firearm, risking not just being beat
> up, but death itself? I sincerely doubt it. In fact, one could say that you
> were hit *because* you didn't carry a firearm. The truth is, an armed
> society is a polite society.

The threat was sufficient for him to make a rational choice. He did
NOT make a rational choice.

I ran out of arguments, so I'll stop right here.

	- Igor.

Thread