1996-07-23 - Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: Vinnie Moscaritolo <vinnie@webstuff.apple.com>
Message Hash: 2a5193852602e4246d514e8742dc244d2d9e083ebcef3c1766b23c23a3fc2057
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960722120323.916H-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <v03007602ae19799867d7@[204.179.128.64]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-23 00:28:40 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:28:40 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:28:40 +0800
To: Vinnie Moscaritolo <vinnie@webstuff.apple.com>
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:

> >   You pop a claymore in a building with any substance up to the level of
> >concrete re-enforced, and you _will_ be going with them.
>
> booby traping your home is a really stupid idea, I promise that your
> dog/child/spouse will be theone to accidentally set it off. besides for
> this you can get sued..

     I wasn't condoning boobytrapping, I was arguing that a claymore is
a bit on the explosive side for use in a house (the thing has about a
pound of C-4 and a whole bunch of steel ball bearings in it, 95% mortality
out to about 50 meters IIRC.

> every hear the one about the case of a guy who constantly had his radar
> detector stolen out his his car, he decides to set a trap and rigs his next
> one with exposive. The perp steals the box, sells it. someclown powers it
> up on his dash board and BANG!.. well you'd figure justice is served, but
> the NYC judges awarded the mass of flesh damages and charged the guy with
> manslaughter.

      There are other stories where the perp gets it _in_the_act_ and still
gets awarded damages. Fucking country is going to the dogs and there ain't
nowhere else to go.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com