1996-07-13 - Needed: Bay Area “Cracker” for TV Show

Header Data

From: abacard@well.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3b6e06159ea3a91ddd21eeabf6b566c3f3774961cdc28d9150862ea2a8d66136
Message ID: <199607121640.JAA11127@well.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 10:43:23 +0800

Raw message

From: abacard@well.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 10:43:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Needed: Bay Area "Cracker" for TV Show

July 11th, a San Francisco television reporter called me. He wants to
broadcast a story about "crackers". He'd like someone who can describe,
on-the-air, examples of what crackers can do. In particular, he'd like
someone who can provide a demonstration.

Do you want to be on Bay Area TV? If not, whom in the Bay Area do you
recommend? This could be a chance for you to publicize your favorite
security flaws in voice box systems, or whatever.

The reporter wants to run this story during the week of July 15th. If
interested, please contact me as soon as possible. The reporter uses
telephones, not e-mail, so I'll need your phone number. Thanks.

See you in the future,
Andre Bacard
abacard@well.com                    Bacard wrote "The Computer Privacy
Stanford, California                Handbook" [Intro by Mitchell Kapor].
"Playboy" Interview (See Below)     Published by Peachpit Press, (800)
http://www.well.com/user/abacard    283-9444, ISBN # 1-56609-171-3.