1996-07-23 - Re: Boobytraps and the American Legal System

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3d62a66d81b1f4af31d2ccc01374ffd0eea78c1e81bb1db9e9fdefc1efb1dfd6
Message ID: <v02120d1eae1a12e04e85@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 17:06:40 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 17:06:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Boobytraps and the American Legal System

At 12:48 7/23/96, Timothy C. May wrote:

>(Later examples were to be even worse. For example, the burglar who climbed
>on a roof and stepped through a skylight. He sued, and won. I guess the
>owner of the property was obligated to install night lights so burglars
>could see their way, and to generally make his property more
>"burglar-friendly." Or the woman who sued a hospital, claiming her psychic
>abilities were lost after a CAT scan. She won.)

And then there was the burglar who cut his hands on razor wire while
attempting to scale a fence. He too recovered damages from the property
owner. Some people say that the lesson to be learned form such harsh legal
realities is to kill burglars on sight. After all, dead people don't sue...

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.

Thread