1996-07-13 - Re: Chancellor Group (symbol = CHAG)

Header Data

From: Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>
To: chag@moneyworld.com
Message Hash: 3e81d99cb5bee87f9c57b88a95c1c6e9f8dfa2709d4848f6a23f825e3e77a212
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960713015840.14684C-100000@redhat.com>
Reply To: <199607120153.SAA16483@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-13 10:54:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 18:54:00 +0800

Raw message

From: Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 18:54:00 +0800
To: chag@moneyworld.com
Subject: Re: Chancellor Group (symbol = CHAG)

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996 chag@moneyworld.com wrote:

> http://chancellor.stockpick.com
>
> Chancellor Group, Inc. (symbol CHAG) just reported big quarterly earnings.
> SGA Goldstar issued a "buy" recommendation.  I understand other investment
> advisors are looking to recommend CHAG. The company has a strong book value.
> The short sellers need to cover.  This looks like a good situation to me.
> What do you think?  They are located at:
>
> 	http://chancellor.stockpick.com
>
> Bob Williams, 206-269-0846
>
> To terminate from my Investment Opportunities, Reply to
> chag@moneyworld.com with "remove" in the subject field.

Ugghhh!

This guy's gotta get stopped somehow. Is there an Anti-SPAM list that
would be more appropriate for this?

'whois moneyworld.com'
registered to Bob Williams <dyno@cyberspace.com>
No hosts seem to be active in the moneyworld.com domain except
usa1.moneyworld.com [208.129.19.69]  - even the name server is dead. us1
is an outgoing-only SMTP server AFAIK - can't connect to port 25, but the
spam came from that host most likely.

'whois stockpick.com'
registered to Bob Williams <dyno@cyberspace.com>

'finger dyno@cyberspace.com'
[cyberspace.com]
Account Name:  Peter Johnson
Email address: dyno@cyberspace.com

'lynx http://www.cyberspace.com/~dyno/'
Shows directories for chag, netamerica, and natureplus.
chag has the (phony) investment reports.
natureplus shows a bunch of stuff trying to advertise holistic medicine
("Herbs, Minerals, Vitamins & Extracts").

Lookie here - netamerica must be the name of his 'real' company. Has a
bunch of information, the title of the main page is "Direct Internet
Marketing & Financial Public Relations"

Going to the chancellor.stockpick.com pages says that the name of the
company, however, is 'Financial Connections, Inc.'

Looks like this guy is:
	- Going under a fake name/names
	- Advertising by abusing the Internet
	- Using as many company names as he has pairs of underwear

Thread