1996-07-20 - Re: Netscape 3.0B US version MD5 (was: Re: overseas PGPfone and Netscape)

Header Data

From: Tom Paquin <paquin@netscape.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 46218307487ec06aa84b3b57830cb5c2a8cd8cc9370ea0b3695d4c9fab389503
Message ID: <31EFC546.50D6@netscape.com>
Reply To: <4slmrl$a80@abraham.cs.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-20 11:31:30 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 19:31:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Tom Paquin <paquin@netscape.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 19:31:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Netscape 3.0B US version MD5 (was: Re: overseas PGPfone and Netscape)

> > what's stopping netscape from embedding the info you
> > provide in the binary before shipping it to you, so that if it shows
> > up on hacktic, they know who did it?

Nothing, but we're not doing that, and nobody has asked us to.
If we did something like that, I imagine you'd know up front.

> Their file delivery CGI could use some work...

No doubt.

> no reason I can see to
> offer the filename 'pick.cgi' for everything.

We've been busy getting the damn process to work and get
approved.  It's simple this way.  There's one CGI and
when you run it, it produces output and ergo that's the
"filename" you see.  With some time, we could get clever
and synthesize the name you want.  It's not the highest
of priorities in this process right now.

--
Tom Paquin            Netscape Communications Corp
about:paquin

Thread