1996-07-29 - Re: Questions…

Header Data

From: Robin Powell <rpowell@algorithmics.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4bd85f3ad693e9d7941ea6efe39519e90c3161a0bf59b776f2594bf282f05c0a
Message ID: <96Jul29.145711edt.20482@janus.algorithmics.com>
Reply To: <so4qRD1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-29 22:23:15 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 06:23:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Robin Powell <rpowell@algorithmics.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 06:23:15 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Questions...

    > Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net> writes:
    >> > Hello, I would rather I not be too blunt, but despite my generous
    >> interest in computer > hacking cracking, and other such related topics, I
    >> have come to be confused by the > mailer, can I ask any questions that I
    >> wish, or am I limited by some type of header > subject?
    >>

    >> Shaun, let me explain. There's a committee of seven people. Me, Tim May,
    >> David Sternlight, some assination-politics guy, some guy named Vultis or
    >> somesuch, and so on.
    >>
    >> Only if we're in unanimous agreement on the outcome of an issue, may you
    >> start a thread on a new topic. which then continues till the first
    >> posting which calls someone a Nazi.

    > No, no, this is all wrong. There's a guy named Lance Deitweller and he has
    > fun posting as different people and posting under different names. Sometimes
    > Lance's different personalities (he calls them "tentacles") even argue with
    > one another!

    > These posters have been definitevely shown to be Lance's tentacles:
    > Alan Olsen (Lance posing as friend of vegetables)
    > "Dr." David Sternlight
    > Igor Chewed-Off
    > Jim Bell (talk.politics.assassination)
    > Black Unicorn
    > "Tim May" (Lance is pretending to be senile)
    > Vladimir Z. Nuri (Lance's parody of a Brighton Beach Sovok)

You forgot:
	Dr. Dimitri Vulis (Rabid spewer of flames about someone/something
involving wheelchairs and vegetables, as though carrots, or any other
vegetable, use wheelchairs, but no-one really knows what this branch
of Lance is talking about, nor wants to.  This particular tentacle
somehow manages to make reference to its favorite imaginary topic in
every messaage it writes on any topic whatsoever.  Also, never mispell
its name.)

-Robin

PS: For the record, I find that Dimitri often has interesting things
to say.  I just wish he'd stop talking about wheelchairs and
vegetables.  Makes me get sad (I broke my back and almost ended up in
a wheelchair, but I'm much better now) and hungry (I'm a vegetarian)
at the same time.

Thread