1996-07-28 - Just some comments on what I’ve read here

Header Data

From: Scottauge@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4f3882872395376cc306a1dfbae48f6e214badaaff4d50a2230cd3d1e66c63d9
Message ID: <960728163937247531092@emout12.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-07-28 23:01:13 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 07:01:13 +0800

Raw message

From: Scottauge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 07:01:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Just some comments on what I've read here

1) Seems to be some excitment about banning information on the internet
here...

Setting up a set of computers for a private net is not that big a deal (just
some money involved and with the availability of Linux - a UNIX variant - for
free make it hardware and telephone costs.)  Do it for companies all over
(hence the aol address - just a local phone call from anywhere!) and it works
just fine.

So if people want to play by different rules.. it's possible.  Think of it as
a members only social club.  (I can make computers real hard to get into, but
social engineering kicks my butt all the time.)

2) Whats wrong with America?

I've been leaning towards Libertarian for some time now.  Voted for Ross last
time as a message I ain't happy with how things are going over there.  Likely
gonna vote Harry Brown - my first vote for a Libertarian.  (He is seems to
have it together versus the others) - but hey, gettin off the subject
here....

Seems we are no longer United in these United States...

A stranger is not a potential friend or ally but a potential robber, baby
raper... you fill in the blank.  We're all scared of each other!

Something has been happening where rich are pitted against the poor, the
working against the non-working, races vs other races.  Is it a conspiracy as
some of my friends who look for black helicopters say, or a natural reaction
of politicians and "leaders" seeing a formula that works and then
implementing it.

To much Hard Copy and Extra reporting out there too.  I don't give a rat's
a*s about most of the sh*t their putting out (censorship mine for those with
delicate eyes).  But US culture has become very valuable and ya gotta get
them foreign markets ya know.

There was a time when a famil could have a picnic on the white house lawn.
 Then it got gated, now the street is closed.  Our leaders seem to be no
longer among us.

But it doesn't matter.  Some beuracrat (sp) gets a bug up their butt to give
you trouble, your f*cked.  With a seconds thought and a signature on a peice
of paper ya can have your land gone or your bank account cleared or you name
it.  One second and on to the next thing as far as they are concerned.  Can
we impeach them? Can we vote for someone else next time?  They're a buffer
between the ones we can give trouble too.

Plus Laws are so damn big these days.  It takes a ream of paper (sometimes a
whole 3000 page box of paper) to print these things out.  You can bet the
leg. not reading these things!  They got advisors to read over sections and
say this is good, this is bad.  The real representatives and senators are out
looking for campaign money.  So damn, I now speculate these guys and gals are
letting the advisors put the laws together - again someone not answerable (or
even known) to the public.

So now, you got legislators not reading the bills they are working on and
there is a whole army of serfs ready to make some regulations that are in
effect the same as law and ready to start looking for people to bother so
they can look busy - and these serfs are not answerable to the public.

Sorry, but congress is a part time job as far as I'm concerned.  These laws
are the result of people with nothing to do.

I listen to the TV set and I hear "Oh we gotta law comin to fix this".
 Bullsh*t.  There are plenty of other laws out there to hassle trouble makers
with.  They didn't nab Capone on murder, but on tax evasion.  People fix
stuff, not laws.  Somebody is measuring their prouctivity by the amount of
paper they can spew out of their office.

3) I'm a keen believer in Social Evolution

A quick definition:  If your a drug addict and your stupid enough to OD, you
deserve to die.

Another example: Your a drug dealer and ya get shot - oh well.  Goes with the
choice , dude.

We keep protecting people from their choices.  We think we are doing a favor
for ourselves but I POSTULATE we are not.

We keep on fightin nature and it just ain't possible.  There just might be a
reason for this weedin out process.  But I'll admit it - I have a prejudice
against stupid people - not mentally hadicapped, but stupid people.

Well, thanks for reading my ranting and raving....

Thread