1996-07-05 - Re: Lack of PGP signatures

Header Data

From: vinnie moscaritolo <vinnie@webstuff.apple.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 50590c3fb839a140d4b7db64531189c24286741edc0cc28ecd00d92c2ed22585
Message ID: <v03007602ae022c3bbfd1@[38.26.2.85]>
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 13:15:04 +0800

Raw message

From: vinnie moscaritolo <vinnie@webstuff.apple.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 13:15:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Lack of PGP signatures

Folks

it's time to shit or get off the pot.

If what is holding us back is a PGPlib, (even though I personaly belive
it's a bit late, S-MIME is becoming pretty popular)  then either finish it,
or make it available for someone else to finish it.  I know that at least
on the Mac if there was a there was a PGPlib, you would have seen more than
one native email plug-in from the last Mac hack.

Maybe Macintosh developers havent done crypto for a variety of reasons,
whether it be NSA strong arming or not, BUT... I tell you as soon as
someone releases a  Mac CFM library that does crypto, thats when you will
see interfaces that Joe-sixpack will use. And none of this silly
telnet/unix shell I can't send my passphrase over the wire crap.
Hello...Thats why they (we) make powerbooks.

OH and I would suggest that you do make the interfaces/doc public in
several well-known places (TM) ASAP. cause like the AT&T commercial says,
have you ever been visited by the men with dark suits..you will.

Vinnie Moscaritolo
"friends come and friends go..but enemies accumulate."
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 4FA3298150E404F2782501876EA2146A

Thread