1996-07-27 - Re: The Four Horsemen Go to the Olympics!

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 52f5da895545d24ab86ab944ae6ca428e6f6fc1d3b34424ef881d1ca5e0f4c60
Message ID: <199607270845.BAA17860@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 18:33:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 18:33:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Four Horsemen Go to the Olympics!

At 11:15 PM 7/26/96 -0700, Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com> wrote:
>Well, there was an explosion at the Olympics...  It may have been a bomb or
>it may have been a transformer.
>Expect this to be used as fuel as to why every one in America must be under
>constant survelance by the Government.
>The Four Horsemen are now an Olympic Event!

Yeah, it's been a wild week.  There was also an airplane hijacking
today, which ended peacefully.  The hijacker had a laptop wrapped
in tinfoil he was claiming was a bomb.*  And of course Clinton's
first speeches after the TWA crash were "we don't have any evidence
of terrorism yet but you'll all have to give up your civil liberties
so we can do a better job of protecting you."

----
*Penn Jillette proposed that a good boot-up program for laptops
and PDAs is one that displays a big timer counting backwards,
for use in airports that want to see that you've got a real laptop.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# <A HREF="http://idiom.com/~wcs">
#			Dispel Authority!