1996-07-18 - Re: Crypto 96

Header Data

From: daw@cs.berkeley.edu (David Wagner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 608c0a2d880e69636138e87c95d2440cb5a9b0b81b6e35560838511420f0b21b
Message ID: <4sknsp$cge@joseph.cs.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <199607172345.QAA08995@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-18 10:04:20 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 18:04:20 +0800

Raw message

From: daw@cs.berkeley.edu (David Wagner)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 18:04:20 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Crypto 96

In article <199607172345.QAA08995@jobe.shell.portal.com>,
Hal  <hfinney@shell.portal.com> wrote:
> Crypto 96 is coming up in about a month.

Yeah, should be good fun -- see you there!

I just wanted to point out that many of the papers you mentioned
below are available on the Web, if you want to preview them.

(Please excuse me if any of the URLs are wrong-- I'm logged in
via a slowish link, so I've just copied the URLs from my bookmarks
without checking them.)

> Anonymous Communication and Anonymous Cash
>    Daniel Simon, Microsoft, USA

http://pct.microsoft.com/research.html
I think?

> The Dark Side of 'Black-Box' Cryptography, or: Why Should We Trust Capstone?
>    Adam Young, Columbia Univ., USA
>    Moti Yung, IBM, USA

http://www.cs.columbia.edu:80/~ayoung/
and discussed on sci.crypt and sci.crypt.research.

> Timing Attacks on Implementations of Diffie-Hellman, RSA, DSS, and
> Other Systems
>    Paul Kocher, Stanford, USA

http://www.cryptography.com/
for an early draft.

> Key-Schedule Cryptanalysis of IDEA, G-DES, GOST, SAFER, and Triple-DES
>    John Kelsey, Counterpane Systems, USA
>    Bruce Schneier, Counterpane Systems, USA
>    David Wagner, Univ. California at Berkeley, USA

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daw/me.html
I wouldn't call it a ``big new result''; it talks about
differential related-key attacks.

Thread