1996-07-24 - WinSock Remailer Going On-Line Tonight

Header Data

From: “Joey Grasty” <jgrasty@gate.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7c16333c11c5ae6bfd8841e14cbdaf4d5b8287e1bbd21ef86d8751f7b538313e
Message ID: <199607232320.TAA64204@osceola.gate.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 22:37:48 +0800

Raw message

From: "Joey Grasty" <jgrasty@gate.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 22:37:48 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: WinSock Remailer Going On-Line Tonight

Y'all:

I'm pleased to announce that the WinSock Remailer is going
into operation tonight at 11:00 PM.

Please feel free to test it.  You can get the key by sending
a message to winsock@c2.org with the "Subject: remailer-key".

After about a week of further testing, I will be releasing the
executables to everyone who sent me a note asking to
participate in the alpha test.  If you want to be included,
please send me a note.

Here's the info for the remailer-list:

$remailer{"winsock"} = "<winsock@c2.org> cpunk pgp hash cut ksub reord";

I'll be adding "post" to this list after I get a more thorough
testing of the NNTP code that I added for authentication.  "latent"
is also pending.

The remailer will run every 60 seconds from 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM
every day and whenever I am online.  c2.org automatically spools
the messages when I am not connected.

Note:  alt.religion.scientology and alt.clearing.technology are
blocked.  I'm not interested in run-ins with either supporters
or detractors of the Church of Scientology.  Binary and picture
groups are also blocked, but only because I don't have the
bandwidth to support them.

Anyone who has blocking lists that they want to share, please
send them to me.

Regards,

--
Joey Grasty