1996-07-23 - Re: Opiated file systems

Header Data

From: “Chris Adams” <adamsc@io-online.com>
To: “cypherpunks” <ceridwyn@wolfenet.com>
Message Hash: 81ca16c4166fd01630353b3d9e3f680e842c2afd1fa5b158651b4d8a6cde3a59
Message ID: <199607230640.XAA08658@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:05:43 +0800

Raw message

From: "Chris Adams" <adamsc@io-online.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:05:43 +0800
To: "cypherpunks" <ceridwyn@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Opiated file systems

On 22 Jul 96 21:39:44 -0800, ceridwyn@wolfenet.com wrote:

>thanks for the help... it'll definately give me something to start
>with anyway... =) //cerridwyn//
>
>>I'd find some network cards that support fiber and breadboard a little
>>system together. Possibly, you could find a hookup that would work off
>>the shelf - look for sources for embedded systems. For instance, at least
>>Novell's networks have embedded system support. I recall a DDJ that had
>>someone wire up a coffemaker as a network controlled device, so I doubt
>>you'd need a PC.  As I recall, he had a single chip ethernet device. Now,
>>this was for regular ethernet, but I'd assume you could connect a fiber
>>based ethernet over with some sort of adapter.  Search for the article at
>>http://www.ddj.com - if you can't find it there, drop me a note.

Search their site for NEST (The acronym for the novell protocal used).
The article was in the Feb 96 issue. There was some single chip network
adapter that needed only an EPROM and a power supply, I believe, to work.

// Chris Adams <adamsc@io-online.com> - Webpages for sale! Se habla JavaScript!
// Automatically receive my resume or PGPKEY by sending email with a subject
// of 'send PGPKEY' or 'send resume'. Capitalization counts so be careful!

Thread