1996-07-30 - “Filter”software for money laundering

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8608748bcaadf161a6f0a7d7a487e4db93a48b6f29d6e74775b5d76fc0a6ae78
Message ID: <ae22c738030210040ad0@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:32:50 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:32:50 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: "Filter"software for money laundering

(Apparently the Poles are seeking tools for controlling the economic
transactions of its citizen-units. Thanks to Bob for forwarding this to us.
I am copying Andrzej Adamski on my response.)

At 2:59 PM 7/29/96, Robert Hettinga wrote:
>--- begin forwarded text

>Date:         Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:06:53 +-200
>Sender: Law & Policy of Computer Communications
>              <CYBERIA-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
>From: Andrzej Adamski <aadamski@CC.UNI.TORUN.PL>
>Subject:      "Filter"software for money laundering
>Comments: cc: "comcri-l@man.torun.pl" <comcri-l@man.torun.pl>,
>          "lacc@suburbia.net" <lacc@suburbia.net>
>To: Multiple recipients of list CYBERIA-L <CYBERIA-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
>
>Sorry for cross-posting this message:
>
>Dear All,
>
> Are you familiar with any
>     software or any listing of producers of software to be used in
>     tracking money-laundering?
>
>     If so, let me know.

Yes, the Cypherpunks mailing list (send a request as described below) has
software to defeat methods of tracking money-laundering. In particular,
anonymous remailers, unbreakable cryptography, offshore data havens,
digital cash, information markets, and a large body of thought about
methods to defeat attempts by Central States to control and track the
economic transactions of individuals and corporations.

I realize our Polish correspondent may be seeking tools to _assist_ the
Police of his country in stopping his countrymen from moving funds around
without the approval and control of the apparatchniks who control such
things in command economies, but I think he needs to know just how hopeless
the task really is.

The Polish state will crumble, though it may take a couple of generations.

--Tim May, Crypto Anarchist

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!