1996-07-06 - Re: Net and Terrorism.

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: CyberEyes <cyberia@cam.org>
Message Hash: 86f5fadb63e5f9e95aee6c0048fa67a29709b1b20314ead703f247aa1071e897
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960706001706.1518D-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <Pine.GSO.3.94.960705122330.23070C-100000@Stratus.CAM.ORG>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-06 08:48:08 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:48:08 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:48:08 +0800
To: CyberEyes <cyberia@cam.org>
Subject: Re: Net and Terrorism.

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, CyberEyes wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, attila wrote:
> > "denied zones" (we were never there) is no longer in vogue.  however, we
> > will probably see that again in parts of the world as many cultures do
> > not have the basic respect for life we do.
>
> 	What is your last comment supposed to mean exactly? Just because
> some Islamic militants decide to kill a few people in a terrorist attack
> does not mean that the entire believer population of Islam does not have
> respect for life. Just who is "we"? Americans? Europeans? All

     At this point I believe that attila was refering to the situation in
South East Asia. Mostly Hindu/Bhuddist/Shinto(?).

> industrialized nations? Every country except those Third World ones? Uh...
> I don't see your point very clearly here... The only culture I can think
> of that might now have respect for life are cannibals, and they DO have
> respect for life in a way, they don't kill each other (I don't think), and
> they do it because it's their lifestyle, but they don't perform
> cannibalistic acts out of malice. Correct me here if I'm wrong.

     Most tribes place a high value on their members and little if any
on the members of other tribes.

     Life is as live does, and it is often cheap.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@crash.suba.com

Thread