1996-07-04 - Re: CWD – Jacking in from the “Keys to the Kingdom” Port

Header Data

From: CyberEyes <cyberia@cam.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8db4ada2cb79ec7fdd259bbd15dee6acd505415f743a22c18ce9b89fd53cb9f7
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.94.960704095934.23092B-100000@Stratus.CAM.ORG>
Reply To: <31DA7000.6239@vail.tivoli.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-04 16:57:33 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 00:57:33 +0800

Raw message

From: CyberEyes <cyberia@cam.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 00:57:33 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CWD -- Jacking in from the "Keys to the Kingdom" Port

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Mike McNally wrote:

> During that afternoon of Internet fun, Mark clicks the mouse and
> follows a hyperlink link to a web site filled with nasty objectionable
> anti-family morally corrosive filth.  Mark and Mathew run home in
> tears to their parents and tell all about the nightmare they've
> experienced.
>
> I wonder whether the Christians would be able to successfully sue
> the Simpsons on some sort of "corruption of a minor" deal?  Indeed,
> couldn't it even be possible that some local prosecutor might find
> the Simpsons criminally involved?

	Depending on whether the information they accessed was
pornographic, yes they could be. I'm not a lawyer, but I know it's illegal
for minors to look at pornography.

Ryan A. Rowe - Montreal, Quebec        /Seeking Internet-related job!/
aka CyberEyes, Rubik'S Cube              I will relocate _ANYWHERE_.

Tel. -> +1-514-626-0328                |                 __o         o
E-Mail -> cyberia@cam.org              |               _ \<_        <\
WWW -> http://www.cam.org/~cyberia     | __/\o_       (_)/(_)       />
IRC -> #CAli4NiA, #Triathlon, #Surfing |
FTP -> ftp.cam.org /users/cyberia      |  swim          bike       run

          Read my C.V. at http://www.cam.org/~cyberia/resume-e.html
           "In lieu of experience, I have a willingness to learn."

             "Everyone has their day, mine is July 15th, 1998."

Thread