1996-07-09 - Re: Put Uncle Sam in your Calling Circle

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9483ec9bf4195705cb4a90a79d4a255a7b3fb096609e29271650fef5d002f7e4
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960709165403.00e1349c@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 05:57:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 05:57:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Put Uncle Sam in your Calling Circle

At 11:15 AM 7/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>I just got a really cool poster from RSA.  It's a big circle split off
>into several sections showing people talking to each other, the upper
>right hand corner shows two NSA dweebs looking like Bevis & Butthead in
>suits, one smoking, the other seated infront of an old 60's reel to reel
>audio tape recorder, a sign on the wall behind them says "Key Escrow"
>
>There are several logos for various government agencies including our
>friends at No Such Agency and the FBI, a small quote next to the
>Copyright (C) RSA notice says "One of a series of public relations
>posters that never made it out of Fort Mede."  Very very funny!
>
>Many many thanks to the cool person(s) at RSA who sent it my way.

You got one too...  I recieved one in the mail with no return address.
There is another poster in that series which says "A good marketing
organization listens to its customers... WE HEAR YOU!".  The woman is being
tapped by the same two government agents.

The posters are done by Tom Tommorow, who also does a cartoon called "This
Modern World" which appears far too infrequently in a number of papers and
_Processed World_.  Incredible political cynicysm...

Thanks again to RSA for a couple of cool posters!
---
|"Computers are Voodoo -- You just have to know where to stick the pins."|
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | alano@teleport.com  |

Thread