1996-07-30 - RE: A Libertine Question

Header Data

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Message Hash: 98a36e70e0ef7a433186acfebf309c6dfe54e9cfa40eaf967ff23065e417f127
Message ID: <9606298386.AA838696773@smtplink.alis.ca>
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:01:56 +0800

Raw message

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:01:56 +0800
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: A Libertine Question

tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May) wrote:
>The issue of "who takes care of" people who can't hold their liquor, or who
overeat, or who smoke too much, does not enter into the equation.

Perhaps the judgemental tone of these descriptions are clearer to you.

Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com> wrote:
>So you're saying that you made a response to Tim questioning his use
of moral judgements just to introduce your own moral judgement?

Tim can and does make moral judgements. So do I. So do you.

I was curious as to why Tim brought them into an argument that did not need
moral judgements to make its point.

I suspect that it is more reflexive than carefully thought out, and I think may
reflect on some of his core assumptions about society in general.

But I don't know, so instead of making my own assumptions, I asked.

James

Feel free to respond by private e-mail.

Thread