1996-07-29 - RE: Internet blamed for pipe bombs

Header Data

From: “geeman@best.com” <geeman@best.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 9b3b027285eaffb289bf69098774cd087e7218ec80a7f08c4de359b6b86f35aa
Message ID: <01BB7CD4.96FA07E0@geeman.vip.best.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:20:03 +0800

Raw message

From: "geeman@best.com" <geeman@best.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:20:03 +0800
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: Internet blamed for pipe bombs

I've heard that in a lot of cases, too, automobiles have been the vehicle
used by the prep. to transport bomb-making materials and bombs to/from
their target sites.  I'm starting to get concerned that this type of
personal transportation technology makes it just too damn easy to wreak
havoc and destruction on unsuspecting innocents.

I think they ought to pass some kind of legislation restricting the use of
vehicles that do not have approved travel-itineraries on file with the
Travel Escrow Bureau.

>>>   Across the country, latest figures from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol,
>>>   Tobacco and Firearms show a 20 percent jump in pipe bomb incidents
>>>   between 1990 and 1994.
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>>   "We've been incredibly busy," said sheriff's bomb technician Judd
>>>   Holiday. "As crime in other categories is dropping, this is going
up."

>The friendly Anarchist's Bookstore in San Francisco sells several books on
>building bombs. No Internet connection required. I would like offer ano
ther
>possible explanation for the increase in pipe bombings. The People are
>getting frustrated and a pipe bomb can be very useful device releasing
>one's frustration.

Thread