1996-07-06 - Re: Word lists for passphrases

Header Data

From: Erle Greer <erleg@sdinter.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a0d4e4fbad303a1d7f8976ee193cb4323893ab11401c54e56c0e2497a562658f
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960706061818.006bbe8c@pop3.sdinter.net>
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:48:55 +0800

Raw message

From: Erle Greer <erleg@sdinter.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:48:55 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Word lists for passphrases

At 12:09 AM 7/6/96 -0500, snow@smoke.suba.com wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Erle Greer wrote:
>
>> Word-List Builder  (this is not an ad)
>> I have a small(5k) program(WordList.EXE) that will extract <words> from any
>> file and append the new words to a textfile(MainList.TXT).  It is in early
>> beta, but does the job nicely.  I simply drag-n-drop multiple files onto the
>> icon and let it do its dirty work.  It prints new words to the screen and
>> echos "." when it encounters old words again.  It will, of course, accept
>> parameters from DOS.
>
>     Is the source code available for porting to other platforms?

Sure, I'm not a Unix guru, but if you can port Turbo Pascal, more power to you!
I will send the source if someone specifically asks.

>> This is totally free to anyone who wants it.  Just email and I will send the
>> latest version.  Suggestions are certainly considered.
>
>     Unixi, recursively scanning directories.

Unix, you can do, but the recursive subdirs aren't a prob for me.  A final dream
would be to convert it to VB4, use MS's WWW custom control, and unleash it as a
spider.

>> Imagine building a word-list just from your /Netscape/Cache subdirectory!
>
>     Imagine building a word list from /usr/spool/news/*
>
>Petro, Christopher C.
>petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
>snow@crash.suba.com

Thread