1996-07-07 - Re: Net and Terrorism.

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Arun Mehta <vinnie@webstuff.apple.com>
Message Hash: a6c697d0404d829d939e2f910e729024d1c2d53c8fc9db53e46db88c7bde1c0b
Message ID: <199607070519.WAA14764@dns1.noc.best.net>
Raw Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 15:56:32 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 15:56:32 +0800
To: Arun Mehta <vinnie@webstuff.apple.com>
Subject: Re: Net and Terrorism.

At 09:03 PM 7/6/96 +0500, Arun Mehta wrote:
> Once the Soviet menace faded, the same
> fighters were branded terrorists. Mixed signals like this are responsible
> for much of the animosity that one finds in the Islamic world (possibly even
> in other parts of the world) against the US.

Some of them *were* and are terrorists.  Some of them are not.  If Islamic
freedom fighters refrained from murdering monks and sixteen year old girls
then people would refrain from calling them terrorists.

It is not the mixed signals, it is the mixed behavior.

The islamic fundamentalists have a thoroughly well deserved reputation
for malevolent evil, for rape and the deliberate individual personal
murder of women and children as an instrument of terror.

While the guys fighting the Israelis in Lebanon are more or
less honorable men who fight according to the laws of war,
the Islamic fundamentalists in Algeria are simply vicious subhuman
monsters who deserve to die, each and every one, and their pals in
Egypt and the Sudan are not much better.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread