1996-07-26 - new service for PGP

Header Data

From: Mike Reiter <reiter@research.att.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a92563229d09c42bc642628422f9a052e134bcf3c3272e6d2a29d76c8f1b72e3
Message ID: <199607261724.NAA16316@cloak.research.att.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 06:43:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Mike Reiter <reiter@research.att.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 06:43:47 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: new service for PGP

To all PGP users:

We would like to make you aware of a new tool, called PathServer, for
use with the "Pretty Good Privacy" (PGP) key management and encryption
software. PathServer is a tool to help users to determine to whom a
public key belongs, i.e., to "authenticate" the key. PathServer
returns an active graphical representation of disjoint paths from a
trusted key to the query key. PathServer helps support user
authentication policies requiring that no single introducer is relied
upon multiple times for information regariding a key.

 PathServer can be accessed at
	http://akpublic.research.att.com/~reiter/PathServer

We welcome and appreciate any comments or suggestions.  Send any
comments to reiter@research.att.com or stubblebine@research.att.com.

PathServer is an experimental service that is still under development,
and thus it will likely be unreliable and slow for a while.  Thanks in
advance for your patience.

Mike Reiter
Stuart Stubblebine

Thread