1996-07-11 - Information

Header Data

From: caal@hopf.dnai.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d01fb4cbc7ce19e7c3f0c0c2e1c0d73ed127480e8451dcf5ba0fa2cc38c62acc
Message ID: <199607110432.VAA05249@hopf.dnai.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 16:24:41 +0800

Raw message

From: caal@hopf.dnai.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 16:24:41 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Information

Dear Cypherpunks:

I'm new here and without taking too much bandwidth, I'd like to ask you for
some assistance.  I am wondering if there is a precise way of figuring out
where a web/mail server is based, or at least get some identifying
information.  I think I saw some messages on this list a few weeks ago about
how easy it is to identify a server or ISP, with just an address (web or
e-mail address).  Is this possible and how?  I would appreciate any guidance
you may provide and I hope this request is not too much against the
etiquette of this group.  Thank you.

Boris

Thread