1996-07-29 - Re: Terrorists are adult Kids?

Header Data

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Message Hash: d4917a37e84bba49d0260d98c643b55a8f87f2dbc37e981ce0e3f2419caf639d
Message ID: <v03007801ae22a81824eb@[207.67.246.99]>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960728175909.9109A-100000@crl13.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-29 21:28:11 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 05:28:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 05:28:11 +0800
To: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov)
Subject: Re: Terrorists are adult Kids?

>In the hindsight it was fairly dangerous and some of my friends were
>hurt by bombs. HOWEVER, I have a theory that males never really grow
>up and continue playing toys 'til they die. I think that guns are also
>male toys, by the way.
>
>So the idea is, maybe if kids play enough with explosives WHILE THEY ARE
>KIDS, they would get enough of it and would not continue playing with them
>when they grow up (and become more dangerous). Like, I myself pretty much
>lost interest in building explosive devices and rocketry after 18.

An interesting theory, which my experience supports.

I started with model rocketry, and then discovered that it was more fun to blow the rockets up, rather than have them come back to earth. (You don't have to sweat the construction details as much, either)
About the time I turned 21, I lost interest in making exploding rockets and blowing craters in sand dumes.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Aladdin Systems   <mailto:mclow@mailhost2.csusm.edu>

"We're not gonna take it/Never did and never will
We're not gonna take it/Gonna break it, gonna shake it,
let's forget it better still" -- The Who, "Tommy"

Thread