1996-07-16 - Re: Can’t block caller ID in Massachusetts?

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Message Hash: d974c86fa199d22279c257c868c7edbe6a144a9cb5a6a82bf4b9ebce7c9c06e8
Message ID: <v02120d03ae10e4a442cf@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 19:57:21 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 19:57:21 +0800
To: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Subject: Re: Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

At 19:37 7/15/96, Alan Horowitz wrote:
[...]
>> It's especially annoying when they've got an in-state or other
>>non-nation-wide
>> 800 number, or when you're calling from outside the US, especially when
>> they're a business you'd like to be able to reach from anywhere, any time,
>> like the travel agent your office uses
>
>    Your straining my credulity to claim that you can't get ahold of the
>regular phone number of them.   Come on, are you 7 years old?

How do you get a hold of the phone number if you don't know the location of
the company, they aren't on the net, and don't have the US phone numbers
CD-ROM handy? I am 33 and have yet to figure this one out...

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.

Thread