1996-07-21 - Re: Opiated file systems

Header Data

From: “Douglas R. Floyd” <dfloyd@IO.COM>
To: iang@cs.berkeley.edu (Ian Goldberg)
Message Hash: dfd8909fb95a737895d54b118820b3c5a78ad3408857a102ab8c69dc1c41e6ea
Message ID: <199607210142.UAA07778@xanadu.io.com>
Reply To: <4srl21$2rr@abraham.cs.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-21 04:07:46 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 12:07:46 +0800

Raw message

From: "Douglas R. Floyd" <dfloyd@IO.COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 12:07:46 +0800
To: iang@cs.berkeley.edu (Ian Goldberg)
Subject: Re: Opiated file systems

> In article <199607182213.RAA10532@pentagon.io.com>,
> Douglas R. Floyd <dfloyd@IO.COM> wrote:
> >If someone has any ideas on how to slow down attacks like this, please
> >E-mail me.  It would be nice to have an offsite storage place, but without
> >the necessity of giving a bunch of personal info (as with Mcaffee's
> >WebStor).
>
> Charge ecash?
>
>    - Ian

Nice idea, but the purpose of this is to make a reliable reference
implementation.  I will worry about charging after there are reliable
OSSS's in existance.

Footnote:  I cannot call this site once it is constructed a data haven due
to the fact that it has no armor (read that its physical location can be
found out).  That is why I tend to call it an offsite secure storage
server.

Thread