1996-07-28 - Re: Feinstein wants controls on Internet, Books

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: eb2a7d9ee309c70f0f2dee1792623d95239806930c1aae7ccfa6411556f56561
Message ID: <199607281859.NAA24412@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <ae20e54404021004a690@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-28 21:12:37 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 05:12:37 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 05:12:37 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Feinstein wants controls on Internet, Books

Timothy C. May wrote:
> One of my senators, Senator Dianne Feinstein, is now arguing on CNN for
> controls on information put on the Internet, on censorship of books and
> articles describing how pipe bombs work, and for making it easier to get
> wiretaps against those suspected of committing thought crimes.

I just thought about this: obviously (witness the CDA which is much less
notorious than this proposition)  none of what she suggests would ever
work technically and pass the courts legally.

She may be dumb enough not to realize that BUT I think that she realizes
that too.

Therefore we can logically conclude that she does it just to score
some immediate points with angry electorate.

igor

Thread