1996-07-19 - Re: New Infowarfare Panel

Header Data

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Message Hash: f40cd77a5cc74181e42e8951dd77eb6092ea76e88bdc8e988b0dabd6f25e3beb
Message ID: <v03007600ae14596455b3@[192.187.162.15]>
Reply To: <v03007607ae142d52fbb1@[192.187.162.15]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-19 01:09:57 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:09:57 +0800

Raw message

From: David Sternlight <david@sternlight.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:09:57 +0800
To: Mike McNally <m5@vail.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: New Infowarfare Panel

At 12:09 PM -0700 7/18/96, Mike McNally wrote:
>David Sternlight wrote:
>
>> As I recall my background reading in the public press, wasn't the etiology
>> that we figured out how to do some pretty nasty things (the Gulf war was
>> one presenting occasion) to enemies' info infrastructures to threaten their
>> entire social system.
>
>My personal recollection is that many of the InfoWar techniques we crafted
>during the Gulf War involved using high speed fighter-bomber aircraft to
>drop guided munitions on top of selected pieces of the communications
>infrastructure.

I'm talking about some of the information that started slowly leaking out
later, not the prime-time TV pyrotechnics.

David

Thread