1996-07-24 - Kids and Computer Privacy Was Re: No more stupid gun thread …

Header Data

From: Scott Schryvers <schryver@radiks.net>
To: Ernest Hua <hua@chromatic.com>
Message Hash: f76375cfb6dac1d597a0f25cb77398fb5a5696ad9a3a5e71783ee7fca961a475
Message ID: <199607240845.DAA09636@sr.radiks.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:56:22 +0800

Raw message

From: Scott Schryvers <schryver@radiks.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:56:22 +0800
To: Ernest Hua <hua@chromatic.com>
Subject: Kids and Computer Privacy Was  Re: No more stupid gun thread ...

At 06:24 PM 7/22/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Ok.  This thread has gone on long enough and covered just about every
>point except the one which I originally made in my first response,
>which is that I abhor the idea that kids should carry weapons (of any
>sort) to school as standard equipment.  In fact, I abhor the idea
>that kids should carry weapons at school for any reason.
>
>Enough said.
>
>I do not care to discuss:
>
>1.  Should kids have any weapons at any time?
>
>2.  Should kids have guns (specifically guns)?
>
>3.  Should kids know how to operate weapons of any sort?
>
>If any of you really really have to discuss this issue, let's spare
>the rest of the list and send me E-Mail directly.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Ern

Should kids have crypto? [weapons]

Should parents teach their kids crypto at an early age?

Should kids have a right to privacy?
        If yes, should there be a limit to the privacy they hold?

Under Itar crypto is a weapon.  If a kid were to bring a disk
containing pgp to school could they be expelled for carrying a weapon?

Should children's legal rights be taught at school at an early age?

Thread